Friday, February 01, 2008

February 1, 2008

As you know if you read my last blog entry, I am going to make a push to really play in February. In the past I have set all sorts of pretty attainable goals, but for one reason or another I never met them. I know this about myself and I ask Penny to be understanding and encouraging when it comes to me playing poker. With a new baby, I know she is taking on a lot and I need to be there for her, but I figure this month will show whether I can truly make cash, meaningful cash, playing NL poker or if I should just shut it down and turn my attention to activities that are more worthwhile.

Well, in the week that I have started shortstacking the $1/$2 NL tables, I went from a bankroll of about $200 to now over $1050. I had an excellent session tonight after a few that were stressful, but probably more realistic. I am up about $268. What I really like about NL is that I am experiencing variance even while winning every day I have played. I think that you can win very consistently and my bankroll is growing every night I sit down.

I only played just over an hour, but I let the game come to me. I am noticing that the shortstacks when they act passively are very mindful of their stacks and small bets can force them off, otherwise they just push. People make loose calls and firing a 2nd barrel is often necessary - even a 3rd!

Anyway, what a great night and I am enjoying playing NL so much more than sngs. I am just excited to add more and more tables and get my roll up to the full buy in!

Check in tomorrow because I hope to have another session of at least an hour.

No comments: