Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 21, 2008

Another excellent night. I played 5 tables for the most part. I had a flush take me down, but ended up winning a big hand with a flush myself. I really didnt have any huge hands, but here are two that are standing out in my mind and what i was thinking.

The first hand, I had 87c in the cut off. I raised to 6 and the button called. Flop came 10 high with one club. I put in a continuation bet of about 10 and the button called. the turn brought another club, so I put in another continuation bet of 22 hoping to take it down there. The river came an ace of clubs, I pushed and got a call. Dude was pretty mad, but i would have folded to any aggression on the flop.

The 2nd hand that got me up nicely was 88. I had been getting quite a few small pocket pairs and finally hit a nice one in a 4 way pot. Preflop I called the extra $5 from the SB. Flop came 4 A 8 rainbow. Original raiser bets $22, one fold, I call, one fold. Turn comes Q and I checked, original raiser checks behind. River comes 3 and no flush draw comes through and only 52 would beat me. I dont think AA or QQ would have played their hand this way. At this point the pot is $66 and I have 107.30 left. I thought that since this hand was played so strangely that if I overpush here and bet it all, it might look like a steal attempt. So I pushed and was instantly called and he mucked his hand. Turns out he had AJ.

Roll is at 2180.84, so up 160 in an hour tonight. If I 5-table and play about 90 mins a night on average, that should put me at platinum. If I make up some ground for January, I might even be able to get to supernova before the year is over...exciting times!

No comments: