Saturday, February 23, 2008

February 23, 2008

Today is the first freeroll I will be playing at Poker Stars. I will be playing in the $100k freeroll and it starts in about 45 mins. I will fire up a few cash tables to get into the swing of things and will just try to make a few bucks...even $50 would be good enough to quit for this session.

busted out of the 20k freeroll when my flopped trips lost to the turned gutshot! I just got involved in a 3 way pot with KK. I hit the king on the river to crack AA...good for about 330! up about 200.

I will be playing in the $100k freeroll and thats it for today. I am up nicely and just want to relax. I honestly did not play well today and even when I got it in with KK, I had a feeling someone had AA. I was in position, raised preflop to 7, got popped to 24, one caller and then me. i called and the flop came 10 high. 52 bet, I pushed for 100 total and there was another push behind and the original raiser folded. turn was a J and the river a K. dude showed AA...I had a feeling someone had AA, but I couldnt fold it. Great result, horrible play and great read by me. Weird how poker is like that...play poorly and get paid. I was definitely pushing things too hard trying to make things happen. I need to work on just relaxing and letting the game come to me. problem is that i get down a buy in or two, tighten up, and win it back and get up a hundred or two, then I quit. I should make my sessions longer and maximize the time I am in "The Zone.

100k is under way...updates to follow.

First break. I have 2345. Was down to about 1000 after getting mixed up with AK and having to lay it down to a push on the flop. I hit a big flush and doubled up later, so I am sitting ok at the break. I need to hit a hand coming out of the first break to do some damage...need to remind myself to be patient...I have plenty of time.

Second break. I have 6764 and the blinds are gonna cut through me for 1k in the first few hands. we get to the money with 40 more eliminations, so it will be fun to get aggressive after the bubble bursts. no really big hands, just solid tight play. The biggest hand was I did double up when I had QJ and limped when there was a player all in, we checked the flop and another person pushed the turn when a J hit. I called and he had A6 and I doubled...nothing exciting after that...a few blinds and antes, but thats it.

Im out...made 40 bucks. I pushed j9s and flopped a gutshot draw and missed.

So, a great night, even though I didnt play very much. I need to log some hours. Next month I think I will be logging hours and not really looking at results because I want to get to Platinum. If I make platinum, I should be close to getting the platinum bonus...so i might shoot for that!

anyway, roll at 2431.24.

No comments: