Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day!

I had a nice Valentines Day with Penelope. We made a nice dinner and spent some time together. It is tough with the little man around, so our Valentines day will really be on saturday because her mom is babysitting.

I just dont know how well i am cut out for poker. I did dabble tonight kinda late. i won about 250 and am up over 1k again, but damn its tough to deal with the swings...the worst part is that i am so underbankrolled that i need to avoid as much variance as possible...and how can you really do that. last night was a horrible dose and tonight i didnt get any huge hands...the only ones i was all in were actually against a shortstack that bought in for 40 and i took all 40 2 hands in a row. so i guess i was never all in.

i did play quite passively. i want to find tables where people limp a lot because i can really outplay them post flop. however, when people raise aggressively preflop and there is action post flop, i tend to play too passively and give in to aggression. I need to find tables that fit my style because i really do mop them up. I need to really keep this in mind!

No comments: