Saturday, February 02, 2008

February 2, 2008

Started out grinding away up about $60 and then my AA lost to a perfect set up but the JJ hit runner runner straight and I dropped a buyin. I fought back and am winning now, but now i am about even. Had a few nasty river beats again, but if you have good pot control and only push hard later in the hand and when the board is more favorable, you dont run into them quite as much. Keep pots small, build as you build a very strong hand and punish them when they try to draw out.

Great hand for me. I was SB with 10 10. there were two limpers and i limped along. Flop comes 10 5 5. I checked and it was checked around all 4 players. turn was the 2nd diamond and a card that brought straight possibilities. It was checked around again to the button and he put in a small raise. I called and the river brought another diamond to bring flushes into the mix. I bet 10, was raised to 25 and i pushed. it was an overbet for sure, but i figured it would look like i am trying to buy the pot. he called and i won over 110 in the pot. sweet!

I just shut down my tables and ended the night up $4!! :o) Another winning session!

I will update tomorrow.

No comments: