Tuesday, February 05, 2008

February 5, 2008

After a rough weekend of playing and definitely some questioning of my own play, I had an excellent night. I guess it is just me allowing the game to come to me and not trying to push the issue. Also, my big hands actually got action. I had AA a lot tonight, as well as KK. In an hour session of 2 tabling, I would say I had AA 5 times and got it all in twice and took them both down without improving. I also have noticed that I need to play more aggressively. I think playing passively helps me manage pot size when my bankroll is still in the building mode, but I think I give up a lot of pots that I could take down with a little more aggression. I guess this is what they are talking about playing with scared money. If you dont play the hand aggressively, you end up losing a lot of money that you could easily pick up. also, when you have a hand people will give you the benefit of the doubt and not pay you off.

So, even though I had a great hour of play and won about $365 or 3.65 buy ins, I think it was just a correction from the weekend. So, i am pretty much even since last Friday. That is part of poker and you have to get used to these swings. honestly, a 4 buy in downswing is not a swing at all.

Anyway, back on the winning track and another good session. Looking forward to taking tomorrow off for Penny's birthday and getting back to the tables on Thursday.

No comments: