Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday 2/17/2006

Cashed out a little last night...hate to touch the bankroll, but only took out $300 for some bills...it really is my rakeback, so thats ok...not touching the meat yet!

So, last weekend I failed miserably and played less than 10 sngs when my goal was like 50. I get into these ruts..usually last a day or two, but I have no desire to play. Poker, for someone like me, is a very competitive endeavor. That constant pressure and game play wears on me and I think this is my mind's way of telling me that I am burned out and to take a break. I really try not to play when my head and heart arent in it. I find that when I push it too hard, I play when I shouldnt and end up losing. Then, when I am refreshed, I have to waste a session getting back to even before I get a chance to make some money. so, less may be more in terms of playing...get quality hours logged and I find my stats reflect the quality of my play, not quantity. I still think logging 5 sets of 4-tables is pretty easily doable with some discipline in the other aspects of my life. On second thought, I am starting to think that 4 sets of 5 tables might be better. I have been playing 4 tables pretty easily...thinking about adding a 5th pretty soon...but would like to build my roll a bit more. I am very conservative in my approach in terms of buy in and the # of buy ins before I move up. I would like 100 buy ins before I start to add another table...so when I hit $7700, I will add a 5th table, until I hit $11,000, then I will drop down to 2 tables and work my way back up to 5.

GAMEPLAN:

I need to log a min of 16 sngs a day from here on out for the rest of the month. About a month ago when I made this statement on my blog, it started a tail spin that I have finally recovered from. But, I would like to start setting end of the month goals to help me make a push at least one week a month. Here is what hitting my goals would mean to me and my bankroll:

If I hit my goal, I will log 176 sngs @ $55. If I can play these at 15% ROI, that would net me $1,452 plus over $200 in rakeback. Definitely a nice close to the month...Party put up some $77s yesterday, but they only have PL games. I hope they open them up to the NL sngs.

OK, a few changes. They opened up the $77s to NL, so I figured I had a nice run at the $55s lately, why change up. I opened up with a set of 4 $55s...went 0/4!! Started up a set of $77s and went 4/4, 3 1sts and a 3rd. Mad at myself because my third place was a bad push because I got impatient. In retrospect, that frustrates me because 4 firsts would have been sweet to start my run on the $77s. I will never take a battle in the money for granted again! 2 sets done, up $662. I think 2 sets says it all! I'm done for the night and going to enjoy my best week ever. From Monday through Friday, I netted over $1800. A solid finish to the month will put me in a great position to move up to the $109s at the end of March and perfectly on pace to bankroll myself for a trip to Vegas for the World Series this summer!

No comments: