Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thursday 2/23/2006

Last night I was up late, obsessing over results and my gameplan. Part of successfully being a poker player is to separate yourself from results-oriented thinking. Let me explain...

As you log sngs, you track your statistics and over infinity, your statistics level out. Once you can determine approximately where this is, that should be considered your long term ROI. Of course, this is the simple version, but it gets the idea across. Therefore, if you take the number of tables you play in a day, for me this will be approx 16, multiply it buy the total buy in ($77), you will get your total invested ($1232). That is how much in buy ins I spend every night...if I make, say 15% ROI, my average daily profit is $185.

I know that sounds weird to some, but as a poker player, you cannot expect to make $185 every day. Some days it will be much, much more, some you may lose your ass! BUT, over the long term, you will average $185 a day if you can hit the previously stated numbers. So, how does this relate to results-oriented thinking?? Simple...

If I get caught up obsessing over a losing session, I need to realize it is a necessary evil in order to average whatever it is that I am averaging. $185 a day is well over what I thought I could average in a day...and it came much sooner than I ever thought it could. Problem is, my head gets me intimidated because I just feel like those numbers should not be within my reach yet...but in actuality, my hesitation is keep that number from getting bigger. I know this is a bunch of just rambling, but it makes sense to me and this is pretty much my blog to put my thoughts on paper...so I hope that anyone that actually reads this can translate this.

So...Tonight, >=16 sngs...no exceptions...get em done....get em won...make dat money!

Ok, so I am an idiot...ended up drinking some beers and watching TV and logged none! But, in my own defense, I didnt want to play while I had a solid buzz working. Plus, once the buzz wore off, I was in no mood to be playing poker. So, I am happy with my decision to not play...and I feel refreshed today and hope to win some money!!

No comments: