Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wednesday 2/8/2006

I must admit some feelings of guilt for not playing too much poker so far in February. The little bit of time I have played, I have done well. Maybe there is something to this playing smarter, not longer line of thinking. Most of what I have learned about playing poker as a business is from what I have read on 2+2. Problem is, it is all the same advice, packaged differently from varying levels of understanding. There are many on that site that have no idea what they are talking about, but they know what the "respected" posters say, so they echo that. Personally, I take what I want from them, and disregard the rest. Many on 2+2 mention that not caring about the individual sng is ok because over the long haul, it isnt about the individual sng, its about long term ROI & $$/HR. While I do understand that, I still believe every sng deserves my best effort. So, I think that is part of the reason I play less than those on 2+2. On the other hand, I think I should be able to log 350 sngs this month. So far, I think I have about 25.

Played a good 12-15 sngs already tonight...still looking to get 12 more in before hitting the sack. Just relaxing and 3-tabling. Had a 1st and a 3rd in the last set, but still down 2 buy ins. Started slow, but heating up!

Just getting started...have 2 $55s open on Party and in a $55 MTT. Just getting started...

Even right now in the tourney...pretty much card dead and hit one hand to cover my blinds. Bubbled out of both sngs I was playing. Fired up 2 more...just some bad timing...playing well. Very relaxed and focused...I am liking right now.

Still at it. Playing 3 at a time and taking a 2nd in each set to keep me even, less vig. Still down a couple buy ins, but playing well. Getting caught here and there and hands are holding up a bit better tonight. Had a nice suckout that lead to a win...so all in all, a solid night. I can tell I control the outcome of my sngs by how well I play. I just need to keep that level of discipline up so I quit losing due to stupid mistakes. I still see them...and it is frustrating. This last set went pretty well. Going to fire up a few more after a break.

Ended the night on a nice run and am up $15 playing sngs and down $55 from my MTT. Got a little jumpy and pushed AK into a big pot on the last hand before the break. Figured I would either bust out or go into the break with a very healthy chip stack. I guess we all know which way it turned out. Logged a bunch tonight...hopefully keep it up tomorrow!

No comments: