Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday 2/24/2006

Ok, Gonna get going in a few...cut the chit chat and play some poker fool!

i guess technically its Saturday, but I am getting my ass kicked all the same. I started out ok, but then after a few bad beats, I just started to run bad. I played well and lost a bunch of nasty ones on the river...3 of them, I had the better pair, but lost to the board catching 4 to a flush. just plain nastiness.

But, I decided to play a $109. Played it very well...concentrated and took it down. So that was a nice boost when I was getting my ass handed to me....But, here is part of my conservative bankroll strategy. I was able to move up and play a level above where i normally do. What i do it chill out, relax and try to play it as well as I can...I made a crazy bluff and accidentally showed my hand lol...But, it was only a marginal bluff...Pretty much I raised with AQo in CO+2. BB called and I missed the king hi flop, raised strong, got called, raised strong again and he folded...I think it got me more respect at the table actually.

I joined a $22 tourney, $10k Guaranteed. Just tripled up when my 10 10 push held up against AKo and A5s. 1k above the average...not quite at the first break. If i can make a solid comeback tonight...I am pretty sure at one point when I had about 3 tables open, i was down over $1100...I sure hope to end the night close to even, but i am logging a shit load of sngs and rakeback! Now, i just got to get back to even...I had been running hot, so this was inevitable.

First break, 5610 in chips, average is 6130. I lost quite a few early because i was concentrating on the $109 sng I was playing...then tripled up, then did nothing....I usually go great after 1st break when I do well in a tourney...lets see how it goes.

Second break...at least I am still around. Havent done much, but 22 away from the money. I am at 9926, about half the average...gonna need to double up soon. holy shit, blinds are 600/1200..got KQ first hand in late position, gonna push it. that got me up to over 13k, stole the blinds and one limper...sweet

Busted out 55th and netted like 20 bucks. I made a move and got reraised and had to fold...then lost my push a few hands later.

tonight, I logged a bunch, but ended up losing about $450, but was down much, much more, so not a bad finish. And, won my first $109, so maybe will move up and just 2 table them.

No comments: