Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday 2/25/2006

Played 1 speed and 1 regular sng this afternoon and took 3rd and 2nd. Played really patiently...even when I was shortstack early. I am noticing when I give into that desire to speed up my play, I find I end up losing so much more. I think it is really important to take a little more time between sets than I have, sometimes not taking any time at all. I think if you are too eager to get at the tables, then you might want to cool off a bit before sitting down. I want to sit down calm and mentally refreshed. Time to get going...I still need $250 more to get back to even from last night's fiasco.

Fired up a speed and a regular, entered the 250 max $44 buy in on Party. Starts in 45 mins. thought I would go have some fun.

Lost 2 already...ran into AA when I had KK and JJ....no suckout. Ran into KK with AK...man, not a good night...gonna finish up these two and take a break and play the tourney.

10 10 just ran into JJ...tough, tough.

My JJ ran into 10 10 in the tourney...good right? NOPE.

flopped 2 pair, got a sucker to call me, he catches his kicker on river to beat me...man, just not meant to be

KK just lost to J9...and these are all consecutive losses...im not losing close hands outside of these.

had a great call of a bluff on the flop on the bubble...but once again, 4 to the flush hits the board and takes me out...really bad run today...still powering thru.

OK, i have decided i wont be playing any more speed tourneys...

I think the Party tables are down...I finished up 3rd in my last one...ran into KK with my A10s...just not meant to be tonight...maybe try empire.

Man, such and up and down night...the swings here are just incredible...but i am learning to deal with them. as you can see, my night has been pretty crazy. I need to keep these kinds of night in the forefront of my mind. It will help me realize that these sorts of swings are common and that if I want to do this long term, i need to power through them and keep playing.

I started up two sngs, a speed and a regular...busted out of the speed and took 3rd in the regular. then i started up 3 regular tourneys and ended up 3, 1, 3. When I got to heads up in the one I won, the guy was disconnected for about 2 minutes. I didnt raise too quickly, but i ended up sucking a few 1000 in chips and crippled him before he got back on...he fought back, but I won :)

Overall, logged a ton of sngs...and am up a few hundred on the day.

No comments: