Sunday, February 26, 2006

Sunday 2/26/2006

Man, got a really late start today. About 4 and havent done a damn thing :)

It's ok though...did some good work last night. For such a marginal night, it really did boost my confidence because when I lost, I was rarely outplayed last night. I usually got it in with the best and had a string of epic beats...After reading my posts from last night, it was pretty bad. Plus, when I got into the money, I took too many 3rds, a few 2nds and a 1st. But, my bubble play was good and I did a lot of limping into the money. I know, I usually do play for first, but I just needed consistent cashes...so I went for the money on the bubble if I was one of the shorter stacks...My game seems very profitable at the $77s...and staying away from the speed just allows me to play my game the whole way through...Patient, peddle nuts.

Going to get started sometime soon...just wanted to get today's entry rollin.

First set in the books. I went 3, 1, 3, 5. The 5th was crappy...lost my AK to AQ when he flopped a Q. All in all, great set.

Got distractted tonight after my solid session. Working on my project with my friends, so didnt log any sngs after the first 4. It's ok though...this is a new week!!

I am really pleased with my progress so far...some of the first challenges and decisions I have made recently are really paying off.

First, I am logging the number of sngs, or at least getting closer to logging them, that would allow me to make significant rakeback. enough where I wouldnt have to pull from my bankroll. So, my first challenge I used this blog to overcome has increased my chances of success just due to the increased amount of rakeback I am receiving. I just up to the $77s which is a 40% increase in rake, and therefore, my rakeback. I should be able to log well over 300 sngs this month...still need to get that number up. I am still shooting for 450 sngs a month...need to keep increasing the number I play.

My decision to use a 100 buy in threshold before I move up is also paying dividends...maybe not necessarily when it comes to my bankroll, but definitely in terms of keeping me mentally focused and keeping my risk of burnout low.

I have also set a 5 week goal for myself. Party poker has different players club member levels. My goal by the end of march is to get into their silver level, then in 3 more get to gold...not sure what this will do, but it will give me a nice goal to work towards. And, because the level of play needs to be at least 300 sngs a month to achieve this, it helps me stay on track to meet my volume requirements...

Playing the regulars is a good move for myself as well as

No comments: