Sunday, January 01, 2006

First Session of 2006

I just fired up a few sngs to kill some time and play my first couple of the new year. I played 2 of them pretty well, at least when I reviewed my hand histories, I thought I played them pretty well. Ironic thing is when I reviewed the hand history of the one I won, I played horribly. I even knew it at the table and joked about how I was playing like a donk and how I was unbeatable. I had 2 or 3 nasty suck outs...Here is one:

Raised 25/50 blinds to 200 preflop UTG with AKo and had one caller. Flop came QJx, no flush draw. I put in a 2/3 pot size raise and was reraised. I was getting the odds to call but knew I was in trouble. Turn comes K and I pushed, which was about 20% of the pot, so I knew I was getting called. He turns over QJ and the river brought another K and I doubled up. Pretty funny hand, but what the hell is he calling a 4xBB raise with QJ in middle position. People online at the $55 sngs just do not respect the UTG raise. I am sure to play a few more tonight...I will update later...

Well, I didnt play any more tonight. Not sure what that means. Is that the same old problem I have had since last year or am I showing discipline? The reason I did not play any more was because I felt out of sync in the 3 sngs that i did play. I felt very fortunate to have won anything, so I decided to call it a night. Is it discipline for recognizing that my play might be off tonight? Or, is this something I need to overcome and just power through it. I still feel underbankrolled right now and wont be comfortable until I have 100 buy ins. I should be able to get there by the end of the month. So, until that point, I will be more concerned with my ROI because the higher my ROI, the less variance I should experience. I know, it sounds like I am making excuses, but once I hit 100 buy ins, I will have to find another excuse. :)

No comments: