Thursday, January 26, 2006

Thursday 1/26/06

I am doing alright. Definitely stopped the bleeding and have started to cash with a little more regularity. Still taking a lot of horrible beats when it really hurts. I just lost A10 to K8. He had the chips, but I defintely had the play on him. I am becoming more aware of my losing streak as a necessary step in my development. I must admit there are cosmic forces at play, so these must be pretty few and far between (I'm hoping!) I can pretty consistently losing consistently on the bubble with very strong hands, only to get rivered. If that doesn't happen, I go card dead when we hit 4 or 5 people and the blinds climb to 150/300 and hit you ever 5 hands...just tough, tough situations and I am still hanging in there. Lets see how the night finishes...

Well, finished the night with a bad beat and exactly even. Not too bad. Appears that I not only have stopped the bleeding, but came out a little ahead overall tonight. Perfectly even over 10 sngs, but up $13 in rakeback. Good for the confidence and the game is starting to come back from Bizarro world. It isn't just the bad beats that I take that have been really hurting my bankroll, it is the constant suckouts that the shortstack makes on the bubble. I have been on the bubble on level 1o several times now...and everyone is feeling it too because everyone is so tight...no one calls a push and it takes people forever to get themselves to call a push, even with premium hands. I hope things settle down soon, but I guess thats just part of the game.

No comments: