Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday 1/22/2006

I am about to get going here. Got a late start today and watched some football. Didnt catch any of the Pitt game, but I hate those bastards and hope they tank in the Super Bowl. Seattle is looking tough...I hope they smoke the Steelers!

On to sngs...

Ok, was sitting pretty, down 2 buy ins and had over half the chips on the bubble. then I lost 3 hands in a row, ALL 3:1 FAVORITES, and busted out on the bubble. I just dont get it sometimes...It just doesnt seem like I could take a worse run, but it all happened in one sng. I guess it could have cost me a sng per bad beat. I sure do bitch about bad beats a lot....so that leads me to think about one thing...I must be playing pretty well and I am sure they are hard to take for any newer player. So I need to learn to deal with them better. I will quit bitching, but I want to make sure I relay in my blog that I am playing well, just getting sucked out on...that's right, no more bad beat talk, I am the victim of variance!

UPDATE:

Well, I am taking a break for a while. I am very encouraged during my first month. I have overcome a lot of obstacles already. I logged 56 sngs this weekend so far. Very mixed results, but I have been getting deep in most of them, but just running into horrible variance on the bubble. Read the previous paragraph to get a taste of what I am going through on the tables. On a positive note, I am not sucking out and am taking a lot of bad beats...so that is very encouraging. I think my game jumped a level this weekend and I am excited to keep the learning process going. Some quick weekend stats:

56 $55 sngss
7% ROI
35% ITM
Profit $220

Profit wasnt great, but consider thats $73 in rakeback and that pushes my weekend to almost $300. Defintely worthwhile!

No comments: