Saturday, January 21, 2006

Saturday 1/21/2006

So I am getting an earlier start on a weekend than usual. I just fired up my first sngs and it is about 12:45. I usually do not start playing until the evening. I wonder if I will notice anything different. I have to admit that at night, the $55s have been much more competitive on the bubble lately. Usually 6 people left on level 5 and the pushing on the bubble is everywhere, so there are not a lot of opportunities.

Just played about 10 hands total and I have noticed that these people are much looser during the day and make some weird calls and pushes. Definitely seems like weaker competition...Let's see if my results show that as well!

Seems like I did well during the day...Definitely a different group that plays. Then again, it is the weekend, so it might just be all the same people. I am not used to playing during the afternoon...Just doesn't feel right, but if it is profitable, I will adjust.

UPDATE:

So far, played 3, up $135 and could have done better. Feelin' It BABY, Feelin' It! But, I am going to take a quick break and fire some more up.

Just fired up a few more on Party...going to see if I can win about $300 tonight...that's the overall goal for tonight. So, if I hit it, I am done.

I got a free $10 from Empire poker. I had $3, so I hopped into an $11 sng, took 3rd. Jumped into a $22 sng, and took 3rd again. So I got my $10 up to $40. I am going to see how far I can build that account...I realize I will most likely bust out...but let's see.

Playing great on Party. In with dominant hands and just getting sucked out on. Once they start to hold up I should be doing great...lets just hope i keel putting myself in winning situations and dont let the tilt get to me...so far, so good. these suck outs are costing me real money lately cuz they come when I'm in the money!

Wow, I lost 2 3:1 favorite hands and shortstacks were catching to completely fuck me out of my last 2 sngs. I busted out on both on the bubble...and I had DOMINATING hands both times. I am losing my AK and AQs to very weak off suit aces and havent had one hold up in a while. Considering I am looking to do well this weekend, these suck outs are killing me!

Here was a sweet loss i just took. I had 77 in small blind and 4 people in hand...flop comes 7 hi and 2 clubs. I check, min raise, i caller, i raise to 100, push after me i call. He pushes with 64 of clubs and catches 2 more of them to beat me...i was just hoping the board would pair.

Brutal stretch continues...I see why Party is so profitable! Quick recap, busted out 4th in 3 of my lst 4 sngs. All of them, I played well, but so did everyone else. Not going to take anything away from anyone because they played a good bubble. But, I will say every time I went in I was ahead...just not holding up. Going to add a 3rd table, let see what happens.

Well, fired up 3 and did very well in all. Finished 2nd, bubbled out AGAIN!, but I made a mistake on that one, and I am still playing my 3rd one, chip leader with 5 to go...4 now that my kings just took down Queens. Another 2nd place...not bad. Starting my comeback and playing well...Let's see how the next set goes.

Well, things went well late. I started to get into the zone and I was getting to the bubble every time again, but this time I was able to take a couple firsts and seconds. Finished up the night heads up against a dude. If i take first, I can be up about 155, but I take a bad beat to lose and end up just up $55. I was up more than that after 3 sngs!!! I played 39 tonight! played a ton, and at least I won...and made a lot of rakeback.

No comments: