Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday 1/18/2006

Playing well, just lost a bunch of bad ones. Ak to A8 then AQ to A8. Busted out on bubble of the 2nd one i played when my 22 lost to AK. Funny, my strong aces never hold up :)

More to come....

Felt like I was able to get in the zone after playing my first 2 sngs. I thought I would have cashed in both of my first two, but did not let it get me down when I busted out 5th in both. I kept my cool, relaxed, and fired up 2 more...won them both and am going to call it a night, up $280 after 4 sngs...I'm cool with that for the night.

So, I have been thinking. The new year brought about the focus on my poker game and the past 10 days have been a blur. So, I wanted to take a moment halfway through month one to assess my progress.

I set my goals to win $2,000. This was a relatively ambitious goal because I have not won that much in a month on sngs alone. I am a little behind schedule, but am on schedule after considering my MTT cash. I played in one MTT and placed 31st out of like 2350, so that was nice. Had a decent run to get my juices flowing...was so much fun. I am looking forward to building my roll and buying into the $200+ buy in tourneys and trying to get lucky.

So, I am well on my way towards having a successful start. My biggest concern was profitability over the long haul. My next biggest concern was that I might be underbankrolled to play the $55s. I put a lot of emphasis on January to help me decide how close I am to where I need to be to make enough money to support myself. I think the $55s are the first level where you can make significant enough money to consider this. So, I want to have at least 100 buy ins before I move up, so starting the new year with under $3,000 and playing the $55s already was setting myself up for failure. But, I have been very fortunate that I have been able to be up at this point and halfway to $5,000. So, just over halfway and hopefully the next time I update my progress, i will be writing this at the end of January with my bankroll over $5,000.

No comments: