Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday 1/13/2006

I just got started playing and am taking a ton of bad beats. So, I feel like I am playing well, just horrible luck. I think I have lost the last 5 coin flips, 3 in one sng. Its been rough, but still playing.

I should be pleased. I am dominating the play of these sngs, but continually lose 3:1 hands...very frustrating.

Well, I fired up 2 sngs and opened up the Party Poker $40k. I took first in both sngs and doubled up in the $40k in the first level. So I am just concentrating on a deep run into the tourney. I am even on the night...so I think I will end up playing a few more sngs at some point tonight.

Party $40k

  • First Break: Only played a hand or two, but I doubled up. Slowly being blinded away, slightly below the average. 1655 after first break.
  • Second Break: Just below the average again. I have 6130 and average is 6730. Was down to 600 early after the second break and came back strong. Feeling good.
  • Third Break: Played my good hands and they hit. I have 40720, average is 17600, so doing well. 142 left...nothing to get excited about yet, gotta get in top 40 to get excited. And you all know how fast chips can go late in tournaments. About to get started....wish me luck!
  • Fourth Break: 50018, right about average. 47 left, blinds 2000/4000

Busted out 31st. Pushed A10o and lost AQo...pushed the next hand, 10 6s when it was folded to me on SB. Made $200 bucks...should be happy.

No comments: